Like?

Penny To The Blogger?

In Other News

In other news...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

No Expendables for you!

   My dad, brother and I went out to catch a movie yesterday. We were supposed to watch 'The Expendables' at Jusco Tebrau. It's rated 18SG (Seram/Ganas) because of it's intense violence. It's my most anticipated film of this year (next to Toy Story 3). It had all the big action stars: Slyvester Stallone, Jet Li, Jason Statham and many others. It even had Arnold Schwarzenegger! The reviews were good. The movie is basicly a tribute to all 80's action flicks.

    Because of the intense violence and gore, my sister and mom opted not to watch the film. We had already bought our tickets online. Then my dad and I went out to pick the tickets up and the booking counter. We didn't get them. It's 18SG and my brother and I couldn't watch it. The cinema doesn't allow minors into films that were rated '18'. That's garbage! On the website it states that you need a legal guardian above the age of 18 to bring in those underage into these type of films. We (as in my whole family) watched 'The Book Of Eli' last February! The movie was rated 18SG and it sucked!

   I pointed that crucial fact out. The employee looked at me and went out to call the manager. The manager then got out to speak with us. He had told us that supposedly, the company's policy had "changed" and that meant that we couldn't watch the film. I told him about 'The Book Of Eli' incident and he said that was a long time ago and things change. He refunded our tickets but kept the booking fee (RM5?). So, that ruined our evening. Next time we watch an '18' film I'm telling them that I'm in college and put on a fake moustache.

  By the way, Mirza (friend) is also going to watch The Expendables and if he get's to watch it, I'm going to burn down every single TGV cinema.

0 comments:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share!