Like?

Penny To The Blogger?

In Other News

In other news...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

How To Get The Old Facebook Chat Back!


      I'm pretty sure some of you might be a little frustrated using Facebook's new chat, what with it not showing your online friends and all. Here's a handy tutorial to (somewhat) get the friendlier Facebook chat back. It's not foolproof though, any future changes Facebook might make can break this method. I suggest an uninstall when that time comes.

You will need to install scripts in your browser. Currently, there are scripts for Firefox and Chrome.


Mozilla Firefox


     First up, you'll need Greasemonkey, it's an add-on that allows you to customise how you view webpages with bits of Javascript. Go and install Greasemoney.


Click Add to Firefox and click Install at the pop-up.

Now that Greasemoney is installed, go ahead and and install the Facebook Sidebar Chat Reversion script. Go and install it now.



After installing it, close your Facebook tab and reopen. Tada! Hello old Facebook chat! If it doesn't show, clear your cache files and try again. Also, if you ever feel the need to use the New Facebook Chat, just remove the script from Greasemonkey.





Google Chrome

     In Google Chrome, it's slightly easier. All you have to do is go to the script page and click on Install.



A pop-up will appear. Just click on install.


After installing it, close your Facebook tab and reopen. Tada! Hello (again) old Facebook chat! If it doesn't show, clear your cache files and try again. Also, if you ever feel the need to use the New Facebook Chat, just remove the script.


There you go. Now you can continue on using Facebook as you please.

8 comments:

Mark said...

To be honest I just have MSN or AIM synch with Facebook so they tell me who's on and offline, and I use their chat interface, it's much easier. I hate facebook chat, and barely use their actual interface.

B-squared said...

some good info here. I always see people crying about the new facebook..lol

Snyderpig16 said...

Thanks for the help man! I hated the new chat window. Cheers!

Sinclair said...

I personally don't mind the new chat. It's fine by me. But interesting info, nevertheless.

T Papar said...

thanks for the info :) the new chat really sucks

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I don't even bother with the chat features... I have a phone... people can text me... lol

Batow said...

I hate new facebook chat, seriously! This could be a new start for me, since I stopped use facebook. Thanks for posting :)

Weastside007 said...

Thanks for the post!

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share!