Like?

Penny To The Blogger?

In Other News

In other news...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

If Malaysia hosted the FIFA World Cup

     I admit that I'm not much of a football fan. Well, I like football but I'm not a fanatic. I don't even know all the current players in my favourite team (Chelsea which by far will win this year). I don't follow current football events, so don't talk to to me about some player that is moving to some other team because of something that someone has which will affect somebody's career. Typical scenario is this:


  
      I didn't care if Chelsea lost. It didn't matter to me if Drogba moved. I did not stay late watching football matches. But when the 2010 FIFA World Cup came things changed. I was truly excited. For the first time in my life, football mattered. I selected Germany as my favourite team from the start. I read news about the world cup. I researched about the Jabulani. I was a fan. When Germany lost to Spain, I was furious. I condemned the Spaniards and hoped that they would lose in the final. But they won. Damn you Iniesta.

     Okay, I'm going overboard here. The main topic today is.... If Malaysia hosted the FIFA World Cup. With Malaysia's current situation I doubt that that would happen. But let's say it did. What would happen?


 1. Malaysia would celebrate even before the world cup starts


2. Not many Malaysians will support Malaysia



3. Riots would occur daily


4. The World Cup ball name would be in Bahasa Melayu. (And players will complain about it's unresponsiveness again)


5. Malaysia's players would be tiny compared to other countries' players

6. Malaysia will be crushed by it's opponents



7. Both players and tourists will complain about Malaysia

0 comments:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share!